- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 4-8 tsp pure maple syrup (click for a sugar-free alternative)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tsp milk of choice (or more for thinner frosting)
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: handful of chocolate chips (the “pieces”)
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Reeses Pieces Fudge Frosting
Reeses Pieces Frosting
(Yields almost 1/2 cup)
Blend everything (including chips, if using) in a small food processor or Magic Bullet. If you have a bigger processor, it might be best to double the recipe so everything blends more smoothly. Best to store uneaten frosting covered in the fridge.
Substitution notes: If you don’t like—or can’t have—peanut butter, feel free to try this recipe with almond butter, cashew butter, sunbutter, or maybe even coconut butter! Agave can be subbed for the maple syrup. I haven’t tried a stevia version, nor have I tried the recipe with pb2 or better’n pb. Try those substitutions at your own risk.